Admission Requirements for Higher Education Institutions in Tunisia
Tunisian higher education institutions offer many programmes at undergraduate and graduate level. Admissions in Tunisia are centrally managed via the national university orientation system. Read on to know about the admission requirements and procedure for higher education in Tunisia:
Students must have the Baccalaureate or its equivalent qualification in order to enter the university-level studies in Tunisia.
- For entry into the first level degree, students must have completed secondary education and hold the Diplome du Baccalaureat.
- For admission into the second level degree (master), students must hold a first level degree-bachelor.
- For admission into the third level degree (doctoral), students must hold a master’s degree in a related field.
International students must demonstrate their proficiency in French and/or Arabic (Depending on the language of instruction of the programme).
A preparatory course in Arabic is held at the Bourguiba Institute of Modern Languages (Institut Bourguiba des Langues vivantes).
The admission procedure in Tunisia is centrally managed through the “National University Orientation System” (In French: Systeme national d’orientation universitaire). This system selects pupils on the basis of the scores obtained, course preference, secondary education level program of instruction and the quota defined by the ministry for each study area and higher education institution in Tunisia.
International students who wish to study in Tunisia must register online
. The online university registration portal has a database of about 192 public higher education institutions of Tunisia. Students must register and pay the higher education institution registration fees online.
For admission to other higher education institutions in Tunisia, students must apply directly to the University of their Choice. Fill in the application form and submit it along with the necessary documents.
- Certified copies of baccalaureate or an equivalent qualification (Two)
- Certified copies of bachelor’s degree or its equivalent (for master’s degree), and copies of master’s degree or the equivalent (for doctoral)
- Birth certificate
- Copy of valid passport and 4 passport-size photos
- Medical certificate indicating that the applicant is free from any contagious disease
Admission requirements and process vary from university to university. Contact the respective university
to know in detail about the admission process.